Visit to the Site of Ascott Park

There had been an article about the two mile long Ascott Park, Historical Trail in the Oxford Mail, back at the end of March. It was a lovely day today, so we decided to go and visit.
The trail starts at the Crazy Bear Farm Shop in Stadhampton, nice coffee and fruit juices.
There are quite a few different animals to see round here including Reindeers and Llamas.

tn_P1000076         tn_P1000077

There are around 8 newly erected signs giving information about the site.

tn_P1000082          tn_P1000094

The Old Dovecote                                        Pretty idyllic scene

tn_P1000097           tn_P1000089

These were believed to be the                     The Granary
Gate Piers to the house.

Apparently the original house was built in 1662, then burned down before the Dormer family could move in, although no remains can be found. But remains have been found of a house built in about 1720, but never finished for what ever reason.

Well worth a morning trip, especially in the lovely sunny weather we have been having lately.