There had been an article about the two mile long Ascott Park, Historical Trail in the Oxford Mail, back at the end of March. It was a lovely day today, so we decided to go and visit.
The trail starts at the Crazy Bear Farm Shop in Stadhampton, nice coffee and fruit juices.
There are quite a few different animals to see round here including Reindeers and Llamas.
There are around 8 newly erected signs giving information about the site.
The Old Dovecote Pretty idyllic scene
These were believed to be the The Granary
Gate Piers to the house.
Apparently the original house was built in 1662, then burned down before the Dormer family could move in, although no remains can be found. But remains have been found of a house built in about 1720, but never finished for what ever reason.
Well worth a morning trip, especially in the lovely sunny weather we have been having lately.